Re: Animism Rules

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 09:20:53 -0000

> shaman wants to catch a more-powerful spirit. IIRC, taking spirits
> merely spending Hero Points give you a standart Might 12 spirit. I
> want to make a house rule for taking more powerful spirits if I
don't
> want to play the travel, but I don't know how.

This is one of the worst bits of the original Animist rules, no other magical practicioner has such puny starting values for learning new magic from known sourced. Theists, in contrast, start a new feat at the full value of the Affinity.

One solution to this would be to allow a Shaman to start a new spirit at the value of his Tradition knowledge.

Wulf