Re: Another animist question

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:36:57 -0000

The Ritual rules will give

With preparation, there is little reason not to get at least +25 and, for that once a year event, +60 possibly could be achieved. And, of course, there is the possibility of spending a hero point, which is worth +20 (and because you only spend it if you have to, it is actually worth more...).

Plus settled communities know of any local weak spots to the (various) Otherside which reduces the resistance - frex all of Prax is a 10w2 weak spot to the spirit world.

I don't have the books so some of the numbers above may be wrong but I did try to err on the side of conservatism.

However, I am not certain about the 10w2 that you (Graham) mention for a starting character. I would have thought that a starting shaman would have a 5w fetch, and tradition knowledge, shamanic circle and spirit world travel varying between 17 and 5w. To my understanding of the rules, this will add up to about a 12w skill to open the OtherSide, because you have to enhance skills, not add them.

regards,
Charles