Re: Re: Another animist question

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:51:52 -0400

These HQing clarifications/changes aren't yet known to me, so I'm using the published rules as a starting point.

My current opinion of the Other Side that I use in my game is this: The Other Side is usually the Hero Plane. The other planes (God Plane, Spirit Plane, Sorcery Plane) can be encountered as part of the topography of the Hero Plane. For example, a group of Heortlings cross over to the Storm Realm as part of the Hero Plane. If they enter Kolat's Cave, they enter the Spirit World; if they enter Issaries' Tent, they enter the God World; if they go to Aron, they enter the Sorcery World; etc. Using this, a mixed party can cross over together, or they can follow individual paths (Kolating entering the Spirit World directly and then entering the Hero Plane through Kolat's Cave, etc.).

 From what I understand, this isn't an acceptable canon explanation, but I want something for my game now and this works for me.

Thanks,
Andy