Re: 'Simulationist' Wound/Combat system for HW?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 08:27:24 -0800

James

> Personally, I'm becoming disatisfied with Extended Contests as
> written, especially for combat. I'm not sure, but I think it's the
> way that results are not permanent until the end. I wouldn't say that
> simulation is my goal.

Does your group use the Wounds rule(s)? I came up with the "trade -7 AP loss for a -1 wound) precisely to simulate combats where the victor ends up wounded. And a narrator is always free to apply a similar penalty for an AP loss of 15 or more (p. 151).

I don't think we ever use the second, but the first is a tactical option in our games.

--

David Dunham
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>