Re: Re: 'Simulationist' Wound/Combat system for HW?

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 23:59:07 -0800 (PST)

> There is something that annoys me with these two
> rules : they feel
> too 'inefficient'.

Hi, Philippe.

I agree: it's inefficient.

But I occasionally found the rule useful to be used _against_ the heroes.
A villain (in a contest) inflicts a 10 AP loss on a hero?
The hero decides to suffer the loss (he has 50 AP left and a lot of HP in reserve)?

Change the AP loss to 1 hurt and -3 AP on the hero.

OK: probably the hero will win this contest, but in the end he is not unscathed. He is hurt.

And his hurt means -1 to *all skills* until healed up.

This can prove annoying for a hero (who after that contest wants to convince a tribe, perform a ritual, bind a spirit and seduce a nymph all in the same session and, now, all with a -1 on each roll of his!).

It forces him to (either):
go to the physician;
wait for some days in order to rest;
bring along a backboy;
learn that useful Storm Pantheon relationship with Chalana;
sport blood-soaked pathces on his forehead.

Etc etc.

Gian

HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/