Re: Re: 'Simulationist' Wound/Combat system for HW?

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 05:10:16 -0800 (PST)

true enough for mine and possibily your campaign, Wulf.
But in case you start a new campaign and no hero chooses a healing cult or picks a first aid skill/follower (and all the skills are tallied at a max of 5W), a hurt *is* annoying.
I agree it's more a Narrator option than a hero option, in my experience.

In cinematography, at least, usually heroes when scratched can make a number of remarkable things: suture their own skin with a bone needle; being infected buy a disease; strip a beauty's gown to stop the bloodshed (and increase the blood pressure); flirt with the physician (especially if the physician wears a gown); dramatically lose a drip of blood which allows pursuers to track him; discover a sudden sensibility to their own bloodloss and faint...

etc. etc.

;-)

ciao,
Gian