Re: Re: Followers, Hurts and Lvls of defeat - or victo ry!

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:48:50 -0800

> This sounds good, but doesn't deal with the issue of the Hero having
> taken a number of "hurts" (-1 to all rolls) during the combat - do
> these additionally affect the followers?

Usually, no. Unless specifically dealt to the followers, these are hurts unique to the hero and not his followers.

Can you attack followers? Not by the rules, but I say blow the rules in this case. "I attack his healer. Haha heal yourself now!" What this means in narrative terms is that his healer follower has been injured even if he himself has not (and he is probably really peeved at you now). What this means in Game mechanic terms is that he can't use the full "Healer" ability of his follower; either as a contest ability, or as an AP battery, but only at an appropriate penalty.

Do enough damage to the hero while "attacking a follower" to drive the follower "below its starting AP" and you can injure it more than just -1.

RR