How to stage this scene?

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 00:06:58 -0800 (PST)

Hi to all,

I have a peculiar scene to stage on the next session of play (next saturday) and I'm going to ask before committing an undramatic approach.

The scene is the following:
the heroes are fleeing from an underground Krarshti temple: they have desecrated it and it starts to crumble.

The minions of the Goddess (krarshtkids) await them and ambush them on their way to the surface.

BUT I'd like to give them the impression that the real danger is the crumbling cave and tunnels, not the krarshtkids.

I'm going to have a low starting "Crumble" ability (something like Crumble 15) and start by confronting it to the fleeing/movement ability of each Hero.

Simple contest or extended contest?

Then the heroes start to run, but they are attacked by the puppies (krarshtkids) and they are at least slowed down.

Unrelated action by the krarshtkids? Apparently they attack the heroes, but effectively they are slowing them (the Krarshtkids aren't worried to be crushed by falling cave ceiling: they like it!)

The Crumble ability increases each round? At the end, if the heroes are slow, even Harrek would be crushed by million of tons of rock, so I figure: 2 nd round Crumble 20
3 rd round Crumble 5W1 etc.
Is this the only way to obtain the effect?

At the end (let's say a minimum of 4 rounds if the krarshtkids aren't able to slow down the Heroes) the heroes get out of crumbling area and are safe.

Would you use AP or not?

Any suggestions, please?

Ciao,
Gian