Re: Battle Magic Gone Bad

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:38:11 +0100

Andr� :

> My question:
> If a person clains that he alone can manage to fight 188 men (warrior
> 1W to 5W level), and he is not lying, how good is he in fighting?
> (HeroWars targetnumer?)

In my logarithmic heresy rules for HW, 188 people acting in concert get a +39 bonus, so a basic TN in this case of 20W2 to 4W3 : the +39 would also fully apply for their magic if fighting a single opponent, but given that he's supposed to be about as powerful as they are the magic bonuses mostly cancel out.

You say "manage to fight", not "defeat", so numbers of APs aren't terribly relevant, but I'd guess he'd have to have about a 5 point lead TN-wise, so I'd say that this person would be in the 5W3 to 10W3 ability range, more or less as Roderick suggests.

Note that these numbers are skewed by the fact that these 188 warriors appear to have no leader nor magical support nor Guardian Being nor whatever, all things that could increase/Augment their collective fighting ability quite drastically.

Julian Lord