Re: Improvise or Die

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 08:42:59 -0000

> maybe it's me, maybe it's them, but it's always 'new-style' [me] vs.
> 'old-school'[them], and after a while it seems we don't get
together anymore.

> it's a shame, but the only possible solution would be to go back to
> a RuneQuest-style of play, in which case the HW-rules wouldn't be
> necessary anymore or even worse, won't work.

This sounds EXACTLY like my perception of the situation at my group, made all the worse by there being too many people in the group - frequently 6-8. That many people NOT joining in forces you to adopt an old-fashioned style of leading 'em by the nose. Which also, by the way, is the way the other two groups in the club seem to play, with no complaints.

And it's why we've split off a small group of just three of us to play Donjon, Sorcerer and maybe some other stuff to get in the way of Narrative, Director-stance (I'm getting into these buzz-words...) RPG play.

How many are in your group? have you tried splitting the group for a few sessions (assuming it would leave the rest of the group a viable number to game)?

Wulf