Re: Digest Number 1073

From: flynnkd_at_...
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 9:23:43 +1100

I have been trying to come to grips with the magic syste of HW, and wish they had included a few more examples within the rules to give a better guide. I realise most magic is up to the individual and the gm but perhaps people could elaborate more on some of the following abilities, and how they use them:
Truesword Stroke (Humakt):
Shield Destroyer (Humakt):
Call Killer Rain (Heller):

What I am stuggling with is whether everything is is simply an augment or whether/how much of a real effect it has. If most things are an augment then there seem to be a lot of affinities that basically do the same thing, so I dont think that is right, but how far do you allow things to go... does a Killer Rain effect everyone or can they control it and who it rains on, does it Kill or just wound, how much wounds does it do. etc etc

Has anyone every started a reference page of affinities? Listing affinities and possible uses and limitations for them, merely as a guide.