Re: Lack of magical healing

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 00:49:38 +0000

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 9:33:02 +1100, <flynnkd_at_...> wrote:

>HW seems to have a lost of lot of the healing that RQ used to have on a personal level. Magical healers seem to be restricted to Chalana, who dont fit in with my all male group; Bevara, you have to be female, see 'all male group' above; or Heler, you have to be androginous, see 'all male group' above.

First of all, you only need a healer if you lose. Winners get away totally unharmed. it's a wonderful life in Glorantha, for winners. Any minor scrapes can be healed by First Aid, and ANYONE can get that.

Secondly, Helerites need not be ... that way ... Just because every other healer is female, and Heler provides the Golden Shower... erm... well, maybe you're right on that one...

Third, we have a healer created before Ernalda took over Bevara, so we decided to keep her as a separate entity. You can do that, or create a brand spanking new healer god (why not, there's a million and one of them around).

Lastly, why not a follower? Every good warrior should have a healer follower. And as the rules stand, followers are just faceless AP batteries anyway, so there's no need to do anything more than say "The healer heals you".

Wulf