Re: AP knowledge?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 15:12:51 -0800

Tim

> HW:RiG p131 says that once an opponent has won or lost points in the
> current exchange, the Player can ask for his current AP total before
> making his bid. Do other GM's think this is a good thing, or do they
> generally keep opponents AP's secret?

This was in the earliest draft we saw, so we've always done it.

People do usually calculate the optimal bid, and I suspect that helps make contests quicker.

Nobody's ever really asked *before* a contest (as Wulf suggests). I'd be more hesitant to give it out as a precise number, though vague "this guy looks as tough as any clan champion" description is always appropriate.

--

David Dunham
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>