RE: AP knowledge?

From: MCGINNESS, Stephen <mcginnesss_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:20:36 -0000

Gianfranco Geroldi:
> c) don't like to lose contests even if their hero's
> life is not at stake and so tend to spend way too many
> HPs on bumps;

This goes back to the question Greg was asking before Christmas doesn't it? I too have found that players are often loathe to lose a contest if they have an HP they can bump with.

I think that Gian's observation of HP (Hero Points) as meta hp (hit points)is a good one. The number of HP available will often (in my limited experience) determine the action taken by the players. And like Gian I also find my players become more creative as the HPs run out - looking for advantages they didn't think they needed before.

I have been looking at a system where I tell the players roughly how much AP opponents have by banding the AP. It's still a rough idea in my head just now - I may post it when I've fleshed it out a bit more. Essentially I want to tell the player wether his opponent is looking confident, respectfully, sweating, scared, at the end of his tether etc etc. I'm just trying to work out a quick and easy way to do this that takes into account their relative AP levels...

Stephen