Re: More HW basics

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 16:18:16 -0400

Wulf Corbett wrote:

> On Mon, 15 May 2000 12:47:57 -0700, "Roderick and Ellen Robertson"
> <rjremr_at_...> wrote:
>
> >> 'The Sedrali will use their Run Fast to augment their Spear Fighting.
> >> They may also use their Combat Fetish, possibly gaining an additional
> >> 12 APs...' ...suggests allowing automatic success... '...Thus the
> >> beastmen start with 21 AP + any APs receive from the fetish...'
> >
> >Fortunately, it was caught before the book went to press - the adventure in
> >the Narrator's book (p 124) has them start with 17 (ability) + 12 (fetish)
> >=29 AP + whatever they get from their augmentation. This is the correct
> >calculation.
>
> Huh? I wasn't aware that fetishes just add to AP straight. Is that
> anywhere in the website-posted rules? I'm sure it wasn't stated in the
> demo. I thought they just added Bonuses/Edges as any other Ability.
>
> Wulf

Its in the rules. I'm re-reading the copy again myself, just to make sure I've got all the fiddly bits down pat. And yes, its stated in the demo, or at least in the copy I have here. And yes, the fetishes do add on straight to the total.

Fetishes do NOT add an Edge or Bounus. However, they may confer an ability (but that's an intergrated fetish)

Jeff