RE: AP knowledge?

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 08:02:18 -0800

At 10:20 AM 1/7/2003 -0000, you wrote:
>I have been looking at a system where I tell the players roughly how much AP
>opponents have by banding the AP. It's still a rough idea in my head just
>now - I may post it when I've fleshed it out a bit more. Essentially I want
>to tell the player wether his opponent is looking confident, respectfully,
>sweating, scared, at the end of his tether etc etc. I'm just trying to work
>out a quick and easy way to do this that takes into account their relative
>AP levels...

I hav efound that the revised Extended Combat write up goes a long way to solving this, too.
The system is exactly the same.
BUT, the text says to describe actions first, then calculate how many AP that takes. Likewise, the narrator ought to describe the opponent's AP in terms of their relative advantage.
He's backing away, trying o find a way out. He's pressing forward hard.
and so on

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc.
P.O. Box 272914 Concord, CA 94527 (510) 524-7619 Publisher of HeroQuest, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>