Re: Ouch, the system does hurt

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 16:29:07 -0400

David Stephen Bell wrote:

> I've had 43 posts, (no, 44) in the last 19 hours. Come on people, my
> modem's beginning to smoke.
>
> I was looking at the new handy-dandy website and reading the Glossary
> (I know it's sad)when I came across the following:
>
> Grievous Wound: An especially debilitating wound or injury that
> immediately affects a character. If the narrator feels that a
> particular battle is of great narrative importance, each time a
> combatant loses more than 15 action points in a single exchange he
> receives a grievous wound, which affects the character as if he had
> become hurt in a separate contest.
>
> When did this one sneak in? I thought that damage was only taken when
> an opponent was reduced to -10 AP or the winner of an exchange trades
> their victim's 7 AP loss for a Hurt, and that other systems were
> extra-canonical (i think that means not in the rules).
>
> Must go back and read more of the Glossary (before any more posts
> come in)
>
> Dave Bell

I LIKE this!

Yeah, it means that heroes can get banged around and not be 'utterly unscathed' between scenes. I LIKE IT. I LIKE IT A LOT.

And remember, what we have been looking at was NOT the final copies of the rules, yes? I've very glad to see a few changes like this make it in under the wire. Anything that ups the fear is good. Fear is good. Players should fear for their Hero's safety.

Jeff Kyer