Re: more D10 consequences

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:11:53 -0800 (PST)

Ehi! That's an useful rule!
BTW do you, Keith, still need HPs to "cement" the increase of wealth or not?

I use the usual notation (d20) but this wealth-adding suggestion is useful.
If I Recall Correctly a mastery of advantage mathematically speaking means 5x (in a logarithmic approach).
So you need a treasure 4 times yours to increase 20 points of wealth (roughly, as if the logarithmic curve were linear): yours + 4 times yours= 5 times yours.

Or a treasure 20% yours to increase 1 point of wealth. It means that if you (Joe Orlanthi) have wealth 15 and catch an hidden treasure rated as follows, you can get the improving (but you still need the HP expenditure, right?) in the fourth column:

10 -15= -5   +0
11 -15= -4   +1
12 -15= -3   +2
13 -15= -2   +3
14 -15= -1   +4
15 -15= 0    +5 (the treasure has the same value as
your current wealth, so it doubles it)
etc.

if +/-20 means *//5, then (roughly) +/-5 means *//2 ! (*// means multiply or divide)

I know, this is a deterministic approach, unsuited to a narrative rulesystem, but sometimes it *can* be useful!

Ciao,
Gian

Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com