Re: latest Q&A on Glorantha.com site

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...> <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 00:35:30 -0000

They are using different feats. In the first round the heroes may use "feat1" to give the first group of augments. In the second round they might use "feat2".

Which then begs the question... Can three Orlanthi's use the same feat to augment another, in effect layering the same effect on top of him. Personally I would say no...

And what happens to an augment when the hero is knocked out of the combat? Does the magic continue after he has gone, or does it vanish? I can see a tactic forming here where the players would (given time) augment one character up to try to create a melee monster, seeing as masteries are so powerful, and acting simply as an AP battery... doesnt always work I know but...

Also, going back to my previous question about augments requiring an unrelated action, form the Q&A it would seem not. Because augmenting is related to an attack action it can be done as part of an attack. In the example the 4 supporting heroes augmented a fellow AND made weak AP bid attacks on their actions...

And while I am here, the touch range modifier (-5). I know this was spoken about in the past, but would like a refresh. Does this automtaically apply to yourself in an augment roll? So +1=0, +2=5, +3=10 etc. Personally I think the resistance should imply touch to start with, and casting without touch makes it harder.