Re: latest Q&A on Glorantha.com site

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...> <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 02:18:01 -0000

> Depends on the feats in question. Use common sense. If *I* boost
him with
> Sword Help saying "I make his sword float through the air so he
can swing it
> better" and you boost him with Sword Help saying "I make the edge
sharper"
> and Alex boosts him with Sword Help saying "I make the entire
sword harder
> so it can cut through metal" etc., are these stackable or not? It
will
> depend on the narrator to say "okay, you get +2" or "no, sorry,
come up with
> something else"

Lets start by admitting that I am not a great one for "roleplaying" and often my group are just a bunch of 'wargamers' playing 'roleplaying'... With this in mind I have to be careful what I allow in my games or the rules orientated players will try to abuse it. Because of this I prefer to squash things before they get started.

With what you are saying above there is nothing stopping you stacking up various augment bonus's from a single feat, simply by applying different aspects of the same feat. As long as my player is imaginative he can just keep adding them on. Now I know you are going to come back with "only allow what is reasonable", but where do you draw the line? 1,2,3,4 variations of the same augment? Even if you stop at 3 say, that means each player can do 3, and possibly from 2 different affinities. So with 6 players, 2 affinities and 3 variations that is 36 augments. Some affinities have more than one related feat, so you can probably double that to 72 augments....

I KNOW this is absurd, and would take 16 rounds to set up, but I testing the theoretical limits of the system. With my players I have to be careful what I allow. One augment per feat sounds like a nice idea, and even then you get 12 augments ))...