Re: latest Q&A on Glorantha.com site

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...> <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 23:33:01 -0000

There are a lot of interesting twists to magic in those final pages, those rules seem 'short', or are aimed at real role players (who will probably be reasonable) as opposed to my beer swilling, "lets poke Orlanth in the eye and see what he does', good for nothing system abusers.

It doesnt say how long it takes to delay a spell, so I would select something limiting, like an hour per feat. Due to its delicate nature it would require a peaceful environment, if not peaceful up the resistance, or apply a penalty to them. A final option would be to use harder resistances, rather than 14 just up it +10 to 4w.

Another optional observation would be that you need to know the spell, initiates dont know feats, they know affinities. So only devotees could delay spells... or the initiates would be at -5 in the contest.

If the delays are one time, then be sneaky and hit them with a preliminary encounter that triggers their spells, then hit them with the real encounter. OR, 'runawayyyyy'... and come back a little later when the spells have dropped. If everyone is doing this then everyone should know ways to counter or trigger them...

Tricksters would be ideal to have a "Trigger all delayed spells NOW!" feat, that could be very amusing...