Re: latest Q&A on Glorantha.com site

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 23:02:25 +0000

karamo wrote:

> Can they use [augmentation] each round without limit

The rules as written require an unrelated action in an extended contest. The amount of augmentation is therefore limited by the length of the contest. This is usually about half a dozen rounds.

Also, what are the opponents doing while this augmentation is going on? If the PCs spend all their actions augmenting they are not attacking their opponents, so the opponents will be steadily draining the APs of the PCs.

The only case where that would not be so would be if the PCs greatly outclassed their opponents. But in that case, the Narrator should not have bothered with an extended contest --- a simple contest or automatic success would be more appropriate.

A house rule in our game allows any number of augments using mundane abilities, plus some 'free' augments before the contest begins. We ought therefore to have encountered any problems with unlimited augmentation, but we haven't.