Urox

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 22:22:47 +0100

Hi All,

If Trotsky can have a crack at Yelmalio, then I'll have a go at Urox. I've pretty much converted all the old RQ3 spells into either Skills (in a couple of places) or Feats.

As Trotsky did, I took the Secret from the mythology of The Bull. I'm not sure at all how to handle it in the HW rules, not having even seen a copy yet, but what I'm aiming to have it represent is how Urox could fight on, even when he was seemingly mortally wounded.

The only thing I added out of whole cloth was the Stare Down Foe feat, which is something it seemed to me that the Bull's warriors simply MUST have.

The feats under the "The Bull" ability are based on the spirits available to the Parts of the Bull subcults in the RQ3 write up; it seemed more right somehow to write these up as feats, if only for simplicity's sake. Especially as I don't know anything about how the shamanism rules work.

Please bear in mind that I'm writing this up without having seen a copy of Hero Wars yet, so this is a bit of a "back of a cigarette packet" job. But, as the formidable Trotsky said, it gives everyone something to work with for now. I hope you enjoy it. :)

Entry Requirements:
The Bull demands that his followers not be tainted by chaos <spit!>, that they swear to follow their leaders in the cult and that they be proven warriors with their own arms and equipment.

Mental Skills:
Bully, Inspire Warriors, Outrage Social Mores, Mutter About "Stench of Chaos", Mythology of Urox.

Physical Skills:
Splint and Bandage, [Weapon] Fighting.

Affinities:
War (Mighty Blow of the Bull, Roar of Bravery, Smell Enemy Nearby, Stare Down Foe)
Chaos Fighter (Ignore Chaos Blows, Rally Warriors vs. Chaos, Smell Stench of Chaos)
The Bull (Hide of the Bull, Berserk Rage of the Bull, Strength of the Bull, The Bull's Charge)

Secret:
Fight On (Can attempt one extra final action in any battle in which the character has been wounded by chaos, even if the character normally would not be allowed a final action).
Another way of handling this could be to have some ability to fight on even when the character is Dazed, Hurt or whatever. I'm concerned that this could be too unbalancing though. Ideas, anyone?

Worshippers:
Warriors, social outcasts, berserks, chaos fighters.

Other Side:
Urox roams the Storm Hills, from where initiates may exit to the Darkness Age to fight chaos. After death, Uroxi ride and feast with the Bull, fighting gloriously in the Eternal Battle against encroaching chaos. Urox is known to pursue the souls of worshippers slain by chaos, even so far as to rescue them from the pits of entropy beyond the cosmos.

Other Connections:
All Chaos deities and spirits are traditional enemies. Urox is barely tolerated by the Storm pantheon.

Disadvantages:
Urox is accepted by the Storm pantheon, but his followers are still viewed as dangerous psychopaths and outsiders and are therefore outcasts from normal Heortling society.

Regards,

Bruce