Re: Spell Matrixes - sorcerous?

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...> <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 02:06:12 -0000

You are confusing me more. If I wanted to create a Spell Matrix in HW how would I do it? I can find no ability to 'enchant" other than Enchant Metals. Is there an implied ability to enchant that all magic users have, is there a specific ability? Who can enchant? And what ability would you use to enchant APs into a sowrd? or an ^edge?

The more I get into the nitty gritty of HW the more problems in understanding it I seem to have. It is a narrative style game but with mechanisms to resolve actions. Like get over the boundry of the planes for a HQ, there are quite detailed rules and numbers and mechanics to determine this, which seems to me to be at odds with a narrative style game... you want to go on a Heroquest, the GM wants you to go on a HQ... you do! The mechanics of the system seem incomplete at times and jagged in places... mind you I still love the idea, and the game, just wish to meshed better ...))

Thanks for the help.