Re: Spell Matrixes - sorcerous?

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...> <Nick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 07:32:24 -0000

> You are confusing me more. If I wanted to create a Spell Matrix
> in HW how would I do it?

The rules for enchantment are on HW p.232f. The term "spell matrix" isn't in Hero Wars, which may be why you have trouble finding it. (I agree that it sounds "sorcerous", along with nodes and essences...).

> Is there a specific ability? Who can enchant? And what ability
> would you use to enchant APs into a sword? or an ^edge?

You'd need enchant (metal or weapon), plus any weapon-augmenting feat. Then win two Complete Victories in extended contests (one with enchant, one with the feat), plus spend a Hero Point to make it so.

There was a thread about this last August, in which my suggestions for how a "generic" enchanted sword might work can be found, at: