Re: Spell Matrixes - sorcerous? Enchanting? Healing potions?

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...> <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:06:53 -0000

> Ash - who doesn't know why he's sticking his oar in, he's only
been playing the game for 6 weeks...

Thanks to those who answered, 6 weeks is a little longer than me but we all get to have our insights!

As a general comment on HW I find it a promising system, although I have yet to convince my players of that. It does seem to have problems expressing itself clearly at times, and from some of the things I have read and thought about may have some flawed long term issues, but I look forward to the new edition !! :-)

(must be that time of the 3 year cycle, DnD are announcing v3.5, everybody running out of money?... sorry, cynic in me)

As a new person to HW it is very daunting. My players are tactical gamers who enjoy power gaming if I let them, they have very little interest in role playing or extended narrative (err, umm, I talk to the girl at the bar about stuff, yeah!) Accordingly to get them to play HW I need to be able to predict their thought patterns and have answers to questions I know they will ask, and answers to things I know they will try. Initially they will be quiescent due to the NEWness, but it wont take them long. If I dont have answers, or fob them off they will get jaded and I will lose them and we will go back to DnD (sigh).

So if I am asking obvious questions... well one mans obvious is anothers glaring oversight...