Re: Re: Spell Matrixes - sorcerous? Enchanting? Healing potions?

From: aescleal_at_...
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:25:26 +0000 (GMT)

It took me a long time to try GMing Hero Wars - I really wanted to play it first. It took me about a year to get over the crap presentation of the first edition and another 6 months of my D20 campaign going over in my mind how I'd handle the game in Hero Wars rather than a more traditional game.

The big question is: Are the players the sort that enjoy a more freeform game? There are groups I've played with that wouldn't suit the style, but my current group actually get off on the Roleplaying with a capital R...

The worst thing about it was having to say to the players "Don't buy the rules 'til Hero Quest comes out, 'cause I don't want to put you off!"

Anyway, good luck!

Cheers,

Ash