Dodge skill

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...> <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 22:28:07 -0000

If a player has a Dodge skill (allowing him to dodge in melee), how is this implemented into HW, or more to the point how to people use it.

As a physical skill I was thinking of allowing it to be used as an augment in response to an attack, but augment increase target numbers and traditionally defences reduce target numbers... I know the end result is the same but it seems strange.

Can you implement a physical augment during someone elses action (when they attack you).

If you have augmented during your action with Strong, to increase your attack, what is the point of doing the same with Dodge when you are attacked (assuming it only increases), or would it be more appropriate to say Strong cant be used when you defend... although are you defending or is it an exchange?). Strong wouldnt be appropriate if someone shot an arrow at you for eg... so do players have to be re-assessing their augments/target numbers with each action?

If you activated a feat, for eg "My Sword Attacks Mightily", would it be appropriate to say that augment is only good during your action, when you are attacking...