Broad abilities with sub-categories (Was Re:Dodging)

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...> <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 22:33:57 -0000

I tend to agree with that, a skill that is always improvised isnt really a skill, but an untrained collection... in the same way CC is. The concept of a broad skill with sub skills is nice, and the only problem I see with it is that the cost in HPs is less than advancing the individual skills... so if this cost is the only reason you dont use Broad/subskills then change the cost! Instead of 1 HP for a sub skill make it 2 or 3. There is no reason a sub skill has to be cheaper/same than the Broad skill (1 HP)... in effect the Broad skill represents your initial learning/experiments in the skill, whilst the subskills are your training and experience gained. You could even say that any broad skill without a subskill should be improvised...as with CC. I plan to use it and see, each to his own :-)