Broad abilities with sub-categories (Was Re:Dodging)

From: Antonio Álvarez del Cuvillo <antalvarez1976_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 07:47:58 -0000

> > Personally, I'd allow 'Dodge', but always impose a penalty.

For me, 'Dodge' is not a broad skill, it's just for... er... dodging.

Dodge Arrows or Dramatic Dodge, etc are more specific, but you always can imagine a more specifical ability (so Silver Age myths is more specific than Heortling Myths).

I don't apply any penalty for 'Dodge' in normal situations. If another player has 'Dodge Arrows' he would have a penalty for dodging swords and a bonus for dodging arrows.

Regards,

Antonio