Broad abilities with sub-categories (Was Re:Dodging)

From: Antonio Álvarez del Cuvillo <antalvarez1976_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 22:37:21 -0000

> All I'm discussing here is genric rules that we can then adapt
> to the specific requirements of our games. In one game Dodge might
> be a broad ability with several sub-skills.

Yes, I agree with you (of course I only have tried to explain my own experience, I didn't mean this is the best possibility for all games, for that reason I put the sentence 'in my game' ;-)).

Probably there are rules for broad abilities in Close Combat because in most epic and 'heroic' series combat is important. But probably, if I began a all-healers campaign, with very few combat situations and a lot of healing, I would think in the possibility of using a simple Close Combat ability (without specialities) and a broad ability with sub-skills for healing.

Regards,

Antonio