Heroic Actions

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...> <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 06:13:12 -0000

I was thining of allowing my players to activate Feats at heroic levels by expending HPs to do so.

EG: A humakt feat like "Decapitate Foe" would be activated by expending a HP and would then actually do exactly that... swish... but only for one action/attack.

A minor victory would obviosuly not do the trick, and a complete victory seems a little hard to get, but is a Major Victory a suitable level for this? I dont want them to have to drive the opponent to -40AP, this is a dramatic act that results in decapitation if it works (it would still do AP damage as normal if it doesnt work).

This would extend to Sword Breaker, Shield Destroyer etc...any feat really that had an implied definative result.

Should the Affinity score be used to resolve this or CC skill?

Has anyone done something like this ??