Re: Heroic Actions

From: aescleal_at_...
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:56:02 +0000 (GMT)

Much as the rules look wonky, you could treat feats that do specific things like this as mystic strikes - drive the opponent below zero action points and the special effect occurs. The main problem with using this for something like "decapitate foe" from the Humakt subcults is that it reduces the utility of "sever spirit." There's less point in learning a secret that wipes people out when you've got a feat that does it. (Sorry about the power gamer speak there...)

There are other way of handling decapitate foe that spill off the keyboard:

Using any of these options, blowing a hero point makes them all very likely to succeed. FREX a hero point can give someone using a feat to gain an edge +^20 ~ 75% of the time (complete success against a target number of 25) - not to be sneezed at.

Perhaps the best way of using feats like this is to let the player try what they want and go with their description. Let them decide how to use the darn thing.

Cheers,

Ash