Re: Heroic Actions

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...> <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:04:03 -0000

Getting back to basics, my intent with this was to allow players to implement a greater than normal effect of a feat, something in line with the mythic origin. Decapitate Foe says it quite clearly, and for a Sword god like Humakt it is completely accetable that it can happen... so how do you allow your players to do it, but control it so it happens only now and then.

Your suggestion is sort of like a mystic strike... which is what I thought about at first myself. What I dont like about mystic strikes is the consequences of losing, they seem overly harsh as they now stand, and because of this I avoided considering them. But maybe then I should stick with that idea and modify the harsh bits...

Instead I might use, as you suggest, that they lose the feat, but can buy it back next time they are at a place of Humakt (its only 1 AP, I hadnt realised that, for some reason I was thinking that losing a feat would be very expensive). The rationale being that my faith in my god failed to manifest and work, so my confidence in its use is lost, it dissappears.

The advantage of a mystic strike type system is that very tough opponents can take the AP hit and not die, it hurts but doesnt wipe them, which is good.