Foul and personal abuse [was Re: Heroic Actions [Rant, OT]]

From: miker19036 <miker_at_...> <miker_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 15:23:16 -0000

As the person that originally complained, no I'm not approaching it that way. I'm approaching Feats as being the emulation of the myths of the god. That means that the Feat is supposed to work in some way related to what the god did at some point in creation. I also accept that there are myths yet to be told. HOWEVER, if a person (be it Greg or someone else) writing a Hero Wars/Quest product puts a Feat in there, it means that there's some mythic basis. Somewhere. If I don't know it, I run the risk of colliding with it later. And yeah, YGMV, but you know what? Every time one changes something away from the original, the more the changes snowball.

> First, I disagree strongly that one correct way to interpret feats
would be
> nice - personally, I think that is awful.

Perhaps I didn't express myself well, but I didn't ask for the one true way. I asked for better indications of where things came from.

> Agreed. Continuing to ask for help, or bleat that it doesn't solve
> problem when someone has explained how to use the rules to solve
the
> problem is a strawman.

In my mind, you've just characterized yourself as one of these unhelpful people, as you seem to characterize my frustration and not having gotten a satisfactory answer as "bleating". I'll stop here before I stoop to your level and become insulting.

Mike Ryan