Re: Playing Hero Wars [was an entirely inappropriate subject line]

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...> <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 17:33:50 -0000

> (1) Decide what I want to do
> (2) Desperatly search character sheet for skill name I might be
able to use
> to do that
> (3) Tell GM.
>
> Which in the end is pretty much how I approach all games.

No agreed, this is how it occurs for us too. I do not want to give the impression that we create whole mythic cycles on the spur of the moment to describe feats, or need to for anything like augments, only really for justifying interpretations of the ambiguous ones. Honestly we are not that poetic (well I'm not anyway). But generally Swordhelp of Shield Destroyer is just 'I use X' feat of Y for a +z augment' and if we are feeling creative 'my blade grows black and huge as I use...'. We only need to get creative for the more esoteric ones. I assume that is what they are their for. After all you get plenty of mundane feats to power up with if your not feeling to creative.

Jane: Talk to Guy - he plays with us every Thursday night, so he has seen both the shortcut version above and the longer version you guys have time for on-line.