Re: Heroic Actions [Rant, OT]

From: miker19036 <miker_at_...> <miker_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:45:19 -0000

As I've said several times over the course of this thread, it's only one part of my frustration with Hero Wars, and I haven't been just "dismissing" it.

> HW often appears impractical to armchair critics, but works well
enough
> in practice. I recommend playing the game for a bit, using the
rules
> straight, without any house rules to 'fix problems'.

I bought Hero Wars when it was first release and was even trying to figure it out based on the three preview chapters. I've been running a campaign for over two years now. I think I have sufficient experience with it to decide if I find certain aspects frustrating.

Mike Ryan