broad spells description

From: karamo <karamo_at_...> <karamo_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 23:12:30 -0000

Regarding the lengthy thread on feats, I accept that as long as the use of the feat remains within the affinity and what the god may have done, the player can use his imagination for new descriptions. I guess the same can be said for spirits : the same Wind Spirit can probably be used for lifting somemone, playing pipe, create a dust whirlwind, ... depending on the imagination of the controlling shaman.

But on spells, I find it a bit more difficult to accept the principle of broad use, which is contrary to the way I imagine sorcery spells : they are very specific formulas, with specific effects based on "physics" and "mathematical" laws (as far as magic can relate to that), especially for the Zzaburi (may be for the church and saints sorcery, it is like for the gods : many use depending on the saints' own life and miracles). I know this visions of spells is not necessarily Glorantha-orthodox, but your views are welcome on justifying a broad use of a single spell.

Alain.