Re: broad spells description

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:48:57 +0000

>But on spells, I find it a bit more difficult to accept the
>principle of broad use, which is contrary to the way I imagine
>sorcery spells : they are very specific formulas, with specific
>effects based on "physics" and "mathematical" laws (as far as magic
>can relate to that), especially for the Zzaburi (may be for the
>church and saints sorcery, it is like for the gods : many use
>depending on the saints' own life and miracles).
>I know this visions of spells is not necessarily Glorantha-orthodox,
>but your views are welcome on justifying a broad use of a single
>spell.

My understanding is that this is entirely cannonical. I'd personally approach this by giving spells names like "Call the Rain of Fire from the Sky to Smite the Infidel Rokari" and such. In other words, I'd put all the restrictions in the names. Gives 'em a nice ring as well to my mind. Not sure that this is how Issaries handles the matter, but then I've no player sorcerors so I don't really care what the rules are...

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson