Re: Re: Invulnerable foes

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 07:51:02 +0000

>Taking vampires as an example, if you were to say they had a
>vulnerability/flaw vs Garlic, and list that on their data as Flaw
>20, how do you implement that into a extended combat. Stronger
>flaws have higher values... so how do you reverse things (the skill
>levels) around and attack a vampire with garlic so that he is weaker?

Two possible ways to use "Vulnerable to Garlic 20" :

Allow opponents to augment using it - anyone carrying garlic gets an auto +2, those being inventive could roll for bigger bonuses,

Allow opponents to use the flaw as their ability for that round. So someone in a position to mash a big handful of garlic into the beast's face could use the target number of 20, and the vampire wouldn't be able to resist with "unkillable" or whatever.

Others are, of course, possible, but I'd go with one of those.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson