Re: Complete Successes

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:12:16 +0000

>Getting back to the (future) standard rules, though: I'm surprised you're
>not allowed to spend a HP to get this effect, though. It seems unnecessary,
>and inconsistent -- any rationales as to the thinking? Especially given,
>as Mike says, the increasing prevalence of rules where a given level of
>success is _required_.

I'm surprised too. We've been playing with the rule that a HP could buy a bump down for your opponent if you yourself are already at a critical. Only used about twice so far that I recall, but definately an option that allows characters to be suitably heroic at the right moment. I'd hate to tell a player that they can't succeed well enough because they aren't allowed to spend a hero point in this situation...

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson