Re: Complete Successes

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 08:16:14 +0000

>Interesting idea. One problem I've noticed is that there are situations
>with the standard rules where spending an HP will have no effect
>(failure bumped to success but they succeed better, so you still fail
>anyway). This seems to happen quite often. Providing means for spending
>more than BHP and allowing HP expenditure to bump down might get around
>that problem.

I wouldn't allow more than one HP to be spent on any dice roll, and would only allow hero point bump downs when the character is already on a critical. Sometimes even heroes have to take their lumps. I've noticed the same situation a lot - but I'm personally not looking for a solution to something I don't really see as a problem.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson