Re: Guess what... another demo-related question

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 18:09:14 +0100

On Tue, 16 May 2000 11:32:43 -0400, "KYER, JEFFREY" <jeff.kyer_at_...> wrote:

>> If a character takes an Unrelated Action
...etc...etc... I'll try and rephrase it. I think the problem is a basic misunderstanding of 'Unrelated Actions' on my part.

>I'm not sure I understand the question.
>
>If you are taking an unrelated action, you're busy doing 'something
>else' that does not concern the conflict at hand directly. You will
>defend normally, I think. Afterall you are forfeiting your action but
>not your attention to the battle.

So if you are NOT the 'Actor', you can defend, fine - but with what Ability? Since you're making an 'Unrelated Action', presumably you are using a non-defensive Ability/Affinity. So do you get to make TWO rolls, one Unrelated, one related (and presumably defensive)?

>If its an unrelated action, the probably isn't a bid involved. If there
>is, then they get to resist with whatever seems to be appropriate -- as
>is always the case.

Yes, but if you are the Actor, and make a non-AP Unrelated Action roll, can your opponent's action still cause an AP loss, and if so from what AP bid? And if it CAN'T cause AP loss, can it still cause the Unrelated Action to fail?

Wulf