Re: Re: Missiles and defending

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 07:59:50 +0000 (GMT)

> Archery in HW is actually quite easy to resolve as
> long as you recognise the
> strengths and weaknesses of archery.
>
> I've actually taken out archers "for real", using a
> sword and shield, as part of re-enactment.

I take it the archer wasn't using a historical-weight bow, and sharps? What compromises were being used in terms of arrow heads and bow weight?

I've had similar experiences with a sub-25lb bow and huge foam arrow heads, but then this is hardly surprising, and I take you're not referring to anything so silly :)

(And even then, a warrior with no shield is probably dead. His friend, the one for whom the second arrow wasn't fast enough, is the one with the advantage.)

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com