Re: Re: Guess what... another demo-related question

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 18:52:18 +0100

On Tue, 16 May 2000 17:03:11 +0100, "Hibbs, Philip" <philip.hibbs_at_...> wrote:

>>So while he will still need to roll an augmentation,
>>this doesn't require him to spend the action that
>>using a Combat Feat would...
>
>Does this mean that anyone with "Strong" at a reasonable level should always
>make an extra die roll before combat?

Why not? It's just the HW version of a damage bonus after all, almost every system has it. Personally I'm probably going to say you can either roll as usual and take the chance of losing, or accept a +2 Edge/+1 Bonus per 10 points of any augmentation Ability/Affinity. The guy with 2W2 Strong is almost guaranteed (he has to fumble or the resistance crit, to fail to get it) a +8 Edge on the Augmentation table, which fits my estimate, but he might try more, and risk a massive negative if he fails!

Wulf