Why invest HPs into a magic weapon...

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 02:50:16 -0000

On the assumption that you expend a HP to create a weapon with 12 skill in some skill that can be used to augment your CC, and increasing that weapons skill is by HPs (1 for 1), but the bonus you get is an augment, 1/10th, and that you could simply increase your CC skill instead...

Why would anyone enchant a magic weapon? (other than needing a magic weapon to hit something)

The value return from HPs is extremely poor compared to simply increasing your skill.

Further, if you enchant a Feat into a weapon are you enchanting the Feat (which you have no skill value) or an aspect of the Affinity... in which case to increase that would cost 3 HPs, an even worse ratio.

My players are asking me this, and I cant see any reason to be honest? Is there something I am missing?