Creatures vs good armour

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:06:49 -0000

I have an encounter coming up with my players of a Manitcore. Look at AR Manticores have Claw 2w^2 and are supposed to be pretty tough.

One of my players has a large iron shield, and a heavy iron breastplate from his writeup. This gives him ^3 (composite armour and shield) ^1 large shield, ^1 heavy breastplate, ^2 iron shield, ^2 iron breastplate = total ^9 defence.

Assuming the Manticore hits him, even if it uses Strong to augment its edge to ^7, it will be doing 1 damage every time.

Where as the player will do more due to the manticores poor armour (^2).

Does a manticore gain any benefit from having extra attack modes, Claws, Sting and Tusks... or is this absorbed by the AP system? (other than the sting having poison). Would it be worth saying that creatures with mutiple attacks count as multiple attackers?