Re: Group Simple Contests + Heroband rules

From: epweissengruber <epweissengruber_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 17:05:01 -0000

> I'm not sure. I don't think an inflation of the "wound rate"
needs
> to done. As a contestant's ability goes up, more wounds are
needed
> to have any real effect (a -1 has more effect on a 5w starting
> character than a 10w2 hero).

Agreed. I was just trying for simpler math and a more formal symmetry. But who says that the rules of thumb for Heroband-style group contests have to be the same as those for HQ/HW simple contests or extended contests.

I suppose that I did want to have a kind of metagame consistency, so that players could reliably assess their chances in both extended and simple contests. I got the impression that Extended contests tend to favor PCs and that simple contests are relatively unforgiving.