Edges out, Bonuses in

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:36:01 -0800

> >BTW, anyone know (and able to tell) if equipment is getting changed
> >over to ratings (as opposed to just being edges)? At first when it
> >was mentioned, I was against it, but on further consideration, I can
> >see how it makes using equipment in simple contests a bit smother
> >(it's just another augment). Just curious.

Well, Greg did give *me* explicit permission to discuss stuff like this (just not the specific rules, so don't ask). I'll wait for Greg to say if he'll implement my other suggestion that we discussed over that lunch.

Edges/handicaps are out for normal things. Instead, they will be replaced by a bonus. What, exactly, the bonus will be for a Sword or Plate Armor comes under "explicit rules", but basically what was once represented by an edge will now be represented by a bonus to the ability.

Edges *will* be kept for out-of-the-ordinary things, like Gonn Orta's club. That rule will probably be 'way in the back of the book under narrator stuff. Players won't have to worry about it.

RR