Re: Relearning with HQ?

From: viktor_haag <vhaag_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:16:03 -0000

Mark,

One of the things that concerns me is Common Magic. Since it is so ubiquitous in the game world, and it also strikes me that it's sort of a "magic for beginners" (perhaps I'm wrong there?), I fear that it will be one of those things that starting players should be able to include in their characters.

Is there any chance of getting permission from Greg to post a short summary on how Common Magic works (perhaps with specific example on how to create/play starting characters based on the new Lunar Handbook)?

By the way, what Greg told me when I asked him this very question at the con on the weekend was essentially "forget about edges and Mysticism, and stay away from Animism, and you should be fine". (He didn't say anything about Sorcery, but I assume that's primarily because my question was in the context of starting the group off with Orlanthi or Lunar adventures where, I gather, Theism is predominant.)

--
Viktor